ooking forward to attending an Airmeet event? Well, we’re sure you are going to love the experience. So now, we’ll help you get familiar with the platform by covering some basics of Airmeet.
Step 1: Registration
When you come across an Airmeet event that interests you, the first thing you need to do is register for the event.
- Use the event link provided by the organizers to reach the event landing page. This page will display the event details like title, date, time description, etc.
- Click on the “Register for this event” button. You’ll be requested to login using your email or via LinkedIn/Google/Facebook/Twitter.
- Upon sign up, you will then have to confirm your details. Provide your name, designation, organization, and location details.
- Select “Next” to go to the following screen to check all your details. If things are good, select “continue,” and you’re in!
- Don’t forget to block your calendar by clicking on “Add this to my calendar.”
And you’re all set. 🎊
Step 2: Enter Airmeet
Sign-in is possible only on the day of the event. Use the attendee registration link provided to you, and you’ll land on the event window where you have to click on the “Enter Airmeet” button. Log in using your email or by using your preferred social media handle.
If your Airmeet event is unlisted, the link provided will act as an authentication itself. You will only be required to fill in your name, organization, and designation details to take you straight to the event. Easy to go, no?
Step 3: Interactions in the Social Lounge
Now that you’ve entered the Airmeet, you can check if the session is live or yet to start. If the session is live, you will directly see the stage/session upon login. If you land in the social lounge, it means that the session is yet to start. Please make the most out of the social lounge during this time. The area allows you to interact with other participants of the event and hop between tables to meet new people and have conversations.
The Social Lounge is active before a live session, during session breaks, and after the live session ends. You can do experience the following in the Social Lounge:
- Join tables: Tables may have labels and logos on top of it to signal and inform participants about the conversations happening in specific tables. Typically, an Airmeet virtual table has between two to eight seats each. Once you decide which table you’d like to be seated at, select the “Take a seat” button below the table. If you want to leave the conversation, say bye to the table participants, and click on the “Leave the table” button in the bottom right.
- View profiles: Click on the display picture of any participant to view their participant profiles.
- Table chat: You can interact with the other members seated at the table in a virtual mini-conference. You can also have a private table chat. Anyone that joins the table will be able to view this chat in the bottom control bar.
- Request increase table size: You can request the host to increase the table size—but remember that a table can only have a maximum of eight seats.
Step 4: Interactions during the Session
A countdown will be displayed when there are 15 seconds left for the session to commence. Once the session begins, you will no longer be able to access the Social Lounge. You can initiate the following actions while the session is on:
- Raise Hand: If you want to interact with the speaker and the host, you can choose to do so by selecting the “Raise hand” button in the stage’s bottom control bar. If the host accepts your request, you’ll share the stage with the speaker and be visible to all participants.
- Invite to the stage: The host can invite an attendee to the stage as a speaker. In this case, you will receive a request to become a speaker, and you have complete freedom to “Accept” or “Reject” such requests.
- Ask a question: You can use the questions section on the RHS to ask questions. We recommend you use this section to ask a question instead of using the general chat. You can also “Upvote” a question already asked to help hosts pick up questions based on the popularity.
- React with Emojis: You can quickly react and offer motivation or applause to the speaker using emojis.
- Chat: This can be public event chat or direct/private chat. All the participants can view the general chat. To have a private chat with a particular participant, hover over their display image on the “Attendees” section in the RHS or a message they have posted—from the hamburger menu, select “Direct message.” Any participant can choose to “Accept” or “Decline” the request for a private chat.
- Report a message: If you come across a message with objectionable content, you can report it to the host.
- Polls: Participate in “Polls” conducted by the host to share your views. Polls will typically be a Yes/No option.
- Help: The “Help” button (Question mark icon) on the bottom right takes you to Airmeet Whatsapp support and FAQs to assist you in any issues during the Airmeet. Before getting in touch, try to get assistance from the hosts and event support agents on the public event chat.
For a flawless visualizing experience on Airmeet, do keep the following in mind:
- Use a Laptop and Google Chrome to join.
- Have a stable and good internet connection
- If you have difficulty seeing the speaker’s feed, refresh the page/restart browser, and ensure that you close any other video conferencing tool you may have used recently.
as a student how we give organization name
Your organization will be the the institute you study at.
How do add details where participants will be able to see the time scheduled for each section of the session?
Hello Leo 🙂
Please drop us a mail at [email protected] for assistance on this.
How do we increase the no of tables
Hello Lavanya 🙂
Thank you for reaching out. Here is a simple breakdown of how to go about it. Hope this helps.
This link is dead
This link should help answer your question.
I m not getting certificates
What’s a speaker designation
Hello Anita 🙂
Thank you for reaching out. When you register as an attendee/participant to an event, you need to add the designation or job title while you mention the company you are working at.
how to edit profile? software does not seem to allow editing
Request you to drop a mail at [email protected] as they will be able to guide you through the issue you are facing.
Is there an automated translation for different languages? The registration and following the process will be difficult for non-english speaking attendees. Do you provide help there?
Hello Tolga, thank you for your question.
You’ll be happy to know that the Airmeet platform is now available in 6 other languages namely – Russian, Japanese, Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Indonesian.
Hi Sanchi, where can I switch the language?
Hello Damaian, you can switch to the language you’d like to access the platform in via the dashboard.
Sorry, I can´t find the option. Where in the dashboard?
Hi, is there also a German Version? I will have a MeetUp with people that do not understand Engl. – I was just thinking of translating your information – but if it is ready… In the Moment we use ZOOM, my participant already have 🙁
Hello Michel, we do not have a German version as of yet. But I’ll definitely pass on your feedback to the team!
Any way to do a big group picture with all the attendees?
You can take a screenshot with all the people present on the stage and the attendees on the side column, but taking a group picture isn’t a feature we have as of yet.
Sustainability, Design for Recycling
I need to change my community name. Can you help please.
Hello Marssey, request you to drop us a mail at [email protected] with some information about your community. The team will be more than happy to help you out.
how to delete general chat?
Hello Chris, our support team deletes the chat history if that is an event’s requirement. Hope that was helpful? If you’d like to know more, please reach out to the team at [email protected] 🙂
How to join class
We aren’t certain we understand your question, Prasanthi. Do you mean how to register?
How to edit profile pic
You can edit your profile picture by signing-in to your dashboard. Go to the ‘My Profile’ section and upload the image you like.
Glad that you liked it, Souren. 🙂
How can I upload my icon pic?
Hello Frederica, you can upload your photo via your dashboard settings.
Hi, I’ve seen the poll option, but can you also do a quiz option? Basically the same as poll with the big difference being that you can tell who had the right answer.
Hello Jeroen, thank you for sharing your suggestion with us. Sounds like an exciting idea, we will take it up with the team. 🙂
Does Airmeet have a plugin for live language interpreters/translators?
Hello Sarah, we do not have the translation option as of yet. But we recently launched the captioning feature on the platform.
hi, is it possible for users to exchange links and access the event without buying a ticket? or can access be accepted manually?
If it is a ticketed event, then only those who have paid can attend. However, if it is an open and free event anyone can register with their email id and enter the event.
I don’t have a camera, but want to attend this event.
Hello Russell, you can attend an event without the camera.
can we change our community name? where?
Hello Felix, we have shared the tips to rename a community name here: How to Change The Number of Seats on The Table in The Social Lounge as a Host?
Hope this helps. 🙂
If I need to change computers mid-day, do I use the same link?
Yes, Regina, the same link can be used.
How do I delete an event?
Currently there is no option to delete an event, only mark it as “ended”.
can I change my background
You can use a third-party application to change your background. However, Airmeet doesn’t have the option to change the background of your video stream.
Can we change the header size in the background, in the main plenary
Hello, If you are talking about the header pertaining to the event platform (showing RECEPTION | SCHEDULE | LOUNGE | BOOTHS) – that can’t be changed. However one can choose between a light or dark theme.
As an attendee, is your video visible to others, or only visible when/if you are invited to share the stage?
Hello, your video is visible only if/when you are invited to stage.
I’m really impressed by the work force and I’ll love like to do this job permanently.
u r most welcome thanks a lot too.
Do air meet is able to see what is going on to the background app of my laptop
Hi Adu, Your data is secure and airmeet cannot access any data from your laptop. It’s an end-to-end encrypted platform.
How do I access the recording?
You can access the event recording from the dashboard.
Hi, have you added a virtual background or blur option yet?
We will soon have virtual background/blur effects options on Airmeet.
And by soon, when do you mean? This week, within weeks, months?
The blurred background is already here.
When I join a table I do not have audio to be able to hear the other guests. Video, audio, and speakers all work in the live session. Any suggestions?
This seems to be a glitch. Could you share the link for the event you attended and your user id? We will investigate the same.